Daniel at Pam's Grotto

Daniel at Pam's Grotto
Daniel at Pam's Grotto

Friday, July 2, 2010

4-24 Fallingwater Falls

After we left Pam's Grotto, I couldn't decide where to go. It was already 5:00 and I wanted something close to the truck. I thought about going up to Hudson Shelter Falls, but decided to head over to Fallingwater Creek and see if we could get to Fuzzybutt Falls. As we were heading down the dirt road we saw several vehicles with kayaks on top. I didn't even know it had rained here, yet it looked like people were running the creek.

Kayaker at Fallingwater Falls
As we pulled up to Fallingwater Falls, there was a large crowd of people and a bunch of kayakers. I grabbed my camera and jumped out of the truck in time to snap this picture. (1/50 sec, f-4.5, ISO100)

Kayaker at Fallingwater Falls
I moved over to the ledge next to the falls in time to get this shot right before he went over the edge. He was powering all the way through this one, as you can see by the water being kicked up behind him. I also panned with his movement to keep him in as much focus as I could. (1/30 sec, f-5.6, ISO100)

Kayaker Filming at Fallingwater Falls
This guy had a camera and tripod with him when he went over the falls!

Fallingwater Falls
I had Daniel run back to the truck to get my tripod while we waited for the kayakers to hike back up and do it again. I saw this tree under the ledge that I wanted to capture. (1/15 sec, f-16, ISO100)

Kayaker at Fallingwater Falls
I got another guy as he was going over. That looks like so much fun! (1/40 sec, f-5.6, ISO100)

Fallingwater Falls
I stepped back a little and saw this interesting bush in the foreground. (1/4 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Kayaker at Fallingwater Falls
I think this is my favorite shot of the whole series. (1/125 sec, f-5, ISO200)

Kayaker at Fallingwater Falls
Just to prove he survived! (1/200 sec, f-6.3, ISO200)

Fallingwater Falls
This is similar to one of the shots I took the last time I was here, but this time with a lot more water. (1/6 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Fallingwater Falls
See the tree with the veil of water in front of him? I also love how the water is dancing at the base of the falls. (0.3 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Fallingwater Falls
Another shot similar to the one from last time. (1/4 sec, f-22, ISO100)

At this point, all of the kayakers were done having their fun, so we packed up and headed down the road for Six Fingers Falls.

No comments:

Post a Comment