Daniel at Pam's Grotto

Daniel at Pam's Grotto
Daniel at Pam's Grotto

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

5-16 Pig Trail Falls

We went to Fort Smith this weekend to see Gramms and Bobbob.  There was some rain north of I-40 so we decided to run up the Pig Trail (Hwy 23) to see Pig Trail Falls.  I don't think there is a waterfall in the state that is easier to get to.  There wasn't a lot of water in the falls, but enough to take good pictures.  It was pretty cloudy at this point so I had good light for photography.

Pig Trail Falls
From this spot I was standing about 15 feet from the highway. (13 sec, f-22, ISO800)

Pig Trail Falls

This waterfall has a nice shelf to spread it out, and a little trail that goes behind the falls. (30 sec, f-22, ISO200)

Pig Trail Falls
Always on the lookout for interesting subjects where I am shooting, I saw these. Someone told me these were called "False Turkey Tail Fans". (1/13 sec, f-5.6, ISO800)

Pig Trail Falls
This tree with these translucent fungi was leaning against the bluff.  This is one of those shots that you know will be good if you can capture it in your camera the way you see it.  I really had fun taking it. (30 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Pig Trail Falls
I like the way I was able to frame the falls with the trees. (15 sec, f-22, ISO200)

Jessica and Grant were sitting in the van watching Daniel and I clamber around this place.  I shot everything I could see, and after 30 minutes, we were ready to move on up the Pig Trail.  Five minutes later we were at the store at Turner Bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment