Daniel at Pam's Grotto

Daniel at Pam's Grotto
Daniel at Pam's Grotto

Thursday, July 8, 2010

4-24 Six Finger Falls

We got to Six Fingers Falls and made our way to the rock ledge next to the creek.

Six Finger Falls
The far left side of the falls. The way the stream flows around the big rock is pretty neat. (0.5 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Six Finger Falls
This is where I wish for a wider angle lens. I shot this at 18mm. (0.3 sec, f-22, ISO100)


Six Finger Falls
Getting down low gives you a different perspective. (1/4 sec, f-22, ISO100)


Six Finger Falls
From the same spot I just panned over to get this one. (1/4 sec, f-22, ISO100)


Six Finger Falls
A panorama stitch of the above two frames.

Six Finger Falls
I really like how the water falling down the rock has a blue tone. (1/8 sec, f-14, ISO100)

Six Finger Falls
This is a hand held shot looking across the falls at full flow. (1/50 sec, f-4.5, ISO100)

Six Finger Falls
Another hand held shot looking back down towards my favorite rock. (1/40 sec, f-4, ISO100)

The water was really running, and I wish that I could have seen some kayakers running this. Obviously it was too high to go across to Fuzzybutt Falls, so we headed over to Keefe Falls.  It was about 6:30, so we should have some good light by the time we got there.

No comments:

Post a Comment