Daniel at Pam's Grotto

Daniel at Pam's Grotto
Daniel at Pam's Grotto

Friday, July 23, 2010

5-2 Cedar Creek


After we left Mt. Nebo, Daniel and I headed to Petit Jean.  We really didn't want to make the long climb back up from the bottom of the falls, so we headed over to the top rim.  I didn't realize there was a trail going up the creek from there, but I was glad we went that way.  There is actually a parking lot and a loop trail specifically for this creek.

Cedar Creek Cascade
This is a creek that joins Cedar Creek a little ways above the falls. (15 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Cedar Creek Cascade
Daniel loved sitting on this rock. (1/4 sec, f-13, ISO800)

Cedar Creek
There is a nice rock ledge to sit on and take pictures from.  I still had a little too much sun. (1/8 sec, f-22, ISO400)

Cedar Creek
However, the lighting was good if I kept the reflected light out of the frame. (0.8 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Cedar Creek
Daniel absolutely loved being able to get his hiking boots wet! (1/3 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Cedar Creek
It's pretty hard to get him (or me for that matter) to sit still enough to take a long exposure, so I shot a quick one just in case the others were blurry. (1/20 sec, f-4.5, ISO100)

Cedar Creek
This picture shows Daniel's personality very well. (1/8 sec, f-5.6, ISO100)

Petit Jean Wildflower
We went around the back side of the falls to try to get a different vantage point but I wasn't satisfied with what we could see.  I saw this beautiful flower along the way. (1/25 sec, f-5, ISO800)

Cedar Creek
This is the bridge that leads to the Boy Scout trail. (1/25 sec, f-4, ISO320)

Cedar Creek
There are some pretty cascades on the creek. (5 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Cedar Creek
On the way back I decided to get a view of these rocks from the other direction. (2.5 sec, f-22, ISO100)

Cedar Creek
I try to get a picture of Daniel and I together whenever I can. (1/25 sec, f-3.5, ISO400)

Petit Jean Vista
This is the view from the east end of Petit Jean, near Petit Jean's gravesite. (1/125 sec, f-8, ISO400)

Daniel had school the next day so we headed to the house from here.  I didn't want to get us into trouble with his momma!  It was a fun trip!

3 comments: